EXPLORATORY CONSTRUCTION TRADES PROGRAM
This ten week, 120 hour course covers all of the essentials to start you on the path to proper construction skill training.
While attending, you will learn:
• HVAC - Experiment with conduction, convection, and radiation. This section also covers identifying air conditioning components
• ELECTRICAL - Perform outlet, switch, light, and breaker installations
• PLUMBING - Perform installations for pipe, sink, waste, drain, and vent components
• DRYWALL - Install, tape, plaster a drywall application
• MASONRY - Construct brick and block masonry wall sections
• WALL FRAMING - Frame a wall with window and door cut outs
• PAINTING - Prime, paint, and stain a variety of casing, wall, and trim components
• CONCRETE - Prepare, form, reinforce, pour, and finish a concrete slab and curb
• FINISH CARPENTRY - Install windows, a pre-hung door, door casing, baseboard, and crown molding
• HAND & POWER TOOLS - Safe use of hand tools, power tools, and equipment
THIS PROGRAM IS DESIGNED FOR:
• Job seekers who would like to work in the construction industry, but don't know which area to specialize in
• Maintenance workers who want to improve current skills and learn new ones
• Construction workers earn an average of $20,000 - $47,000+ a year
• Most construction jobs also include benefits such as health coverage and retirement plans
Attend an orientation session at the New Hope Education Center, 175 Jefferson Avenue, Buffalo NY 14210.
Call 888-7088 ex.111/100 for days and times. There is no fee or appointment necessary. Please bring your picture ID, New York State benefit card, benefit print out and high school diploma or equivalent. You will take a placement test and fill out an application. Your test
scores and the results of a personal interview will determine if you are eligible for the Exploratory Construction program.
$795 - Students may be eligible for tuition assistance
Call for enrollment requirements and application information:
(716)888-7088 ext 111/100
Monday - Thursday 8:30am - Noon
New Hope Education Center
175 Jefferson Ave
Buffalo, NY 14210
120 Hours (10 weeks)
Call (716)888-7088 ext 111/100 for more information
- Tools, safety materials, and supplies will be provided for this course.
Students will be expected to attend class wearing proper work attire.